It was an amazing day...what really kept me going was the incredible sponsorship from so many friends, family and colleagues who all wanted to play their part in supporting our work here at Mentor.Michael O'Toole, Chief Executive (Royal Parks Half 2015)
For the past two years, Team Mentor has conquered the Royal Parks Foundation Half Marathon, joining 16,000 runners on a beautiful race through three of Her Majesty’s Royal Parks – Hyde Park, Green Park and St. James Park – to raise money and awareness for the important work we and our partners do.
Last year, we set ourselves a new challenge as well, inviting our supporters to take on the Great British 10k, often hailed as “the world’s greatest road race route!”
In 2015, our runners raised almost £3,000 for Mentor and ran a collective distance of 79 miles!
In 2016, challenge event participants raised more than £3,700 through two events.
Watch this space to see how much Team Mentor raised in 2017. . .
Why join Team Mentor?
The money you raise for Mentor enables us to deliver effective alcohol and drug prevention in more schools and communities, building more children and young people’s resilience and ensuring the future generation is equipped to thrive in the modern world.
As a Mentor runner, you will receive:
- guidance and help setting up your fundraising page on Virgin Money Giving;
- fundraising advice and materials to help you reach (and smash) your target;
- continued support throughout your training period;
- a high-performance Mentor running vest and accessories;
- on-the-day encouragement from our staff and supporters;
- post-race celebrations in the runners’ village.
What’s stopping you? Get started today!
To enter an event on behalf of Mentor, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Share your posts using #GoTeamMentor on Twitter